- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Namaqua National Park
Would you like to continue?
Namaqua National Park (Skilpad) Flower Report for the week 26/08/2008 - 31/08/2008
The Namaqua National Park is still very dry. No rain fell during the past week and the park is in urgent need of more rain if it wants to have a longer season.
The Skilpad area still has good flowers where the daisies have reached their peak and will probably start going down during the week. Other flowers making an appearance include Gazanias (various shades of yellow to red), ‘meidesterte’, Cattails, purple ‘hongerblomme’ and various vygies.
The Goegab Nature Reserve and Springbok surrounds also offers spectacular flower viewing. There are also patches of nice flowers along sections of the coast that have been spotted.
All the main roads in the area are drivable, although in some cases they are starting to become corrugated due to the heavier traffic.
Recommended roads in the Namaqua National Park area:
- The town of Kamieskroon.
- Skilpad circle route.
- The Soebatsfontein road from Kamieskroon town to Grootvlei.
Further afield the Steinkopf- Springbok road is good with a nice variety. Goegab and the general Springbok area- golf course etc.