- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Namaqua National Park
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Namaqua National Park Flower Report For The Week 19/08/2008 - 25/08/2008
It is becoming very dry at the moment. We had 4 mm of rain on 15/08/2008, but are in urgent need of more rain if we want to have a longer season.
Despite the dry conditions the Skilpad area still has excellent flowers. The daisies has probably reached their peak. Depending on future rain we should now start getting a greater variety of flowers. The ‘meidesterte’, Cattails, purple ‘hongerblomme’ and various vygies are emerging strongly. Further from the park the Goegab Nature Reserve and Springbok surrounds also offers spectacular flower viewing.
All the main roads in the area is drivable, although in some cases they are starting to become corrugated due to the heavier traffic.
Recommended roads in the Namaqua National Park area:.
- The town of Kamieskroon.
- The Skilpad-Soebatsfontein road (4x4 only!) - this road has a wide variety of flowers, but requires a 4x4 or high ground clearance vehicle.
- The Arkoep road (between Kamieskroon and Springbok).
- Skilpad circle route.
Further afield the Steinkopf- Springbok road is very good. Goegab and the general Springbok area - golf course etc.