- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Mountain Zebra National Park
Would you like to continue?
MZNP hiking trail cottages now open to off-road enthusiasts
Mountain Zebra National Park (MZNP) has recently renovated the two overnight cottages on the Impofu three-day hiking trail. This now serves a dual purpose where tourists can now book a cottage for hiking purposes or off-road enthusiasts can book a cottage without doing the hike.
The three-bedroom mountain cottages, Umthombo (fountain) and Bakana (beacon), each have a main bedroom with double bed, second bedroom with two single beds and a third bedroom with 6 bunk beds (to cater for hikers).
Other improvements include an open-plan kitchen with a lounge area and an indoor braai. There is also an outdoor braai and outdoor ablution facilities which include a shower and a toilet. Hot water is available through a donkey geyser system. A gas stove, cutlery and wood are provided.
Both cottages, set in a scenic area in the foothills of the mountains, provide a rustic accommodation experience and are accessible with a high-clearance vehicle with diff-lock.
For further enquiries or to make a booking, please contact the reception desk of the park on (048) 881 2427/3434 or e-mail Mountainzebra@sanparks.org
- R250 per person until 31 October 2010
- R100 per additional person
- R275 per person from 1 November 2010