- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Mountain Zebra National Park
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Mountain Zebra National Park provides the perfect environment for exposing learners to natural and cultural heritage resources through an environmental education programme.
Various EE Programmes are on offer, including climate change, pollution, plant identification, ecosystem services, invasive alien plants, landscape rehabilitation and water conservation.
The objectives of EE programmes are as follow:
- Raise awareness about the environment, especially the system of National Parks that represents both natural and cultural resources.
- Promote the use of parks as educational resources, while allowing access especially to previous marginalized people.
- Provide interactive programmes that will assist learners to form their own values, attitudes towards the environment.
- Allow learners to acquire the necessary skills to solve environmental problems.
- Link with the CAPS document of Department of Education before embarking in lessons.
- Increase numbers and broaden the range of school groups receiving a quality learning experience in the park.
- Enhance the experience of visitors to the Mountain Zebra National Park through environmental interpretation and education, to encourage repeat visits.
- Encourage local communities to understand, appreciate and support he conservation work of the Park.
The Park offers free entry for up to 60 learners and two educators during the term time for a focused environmental education (EE) programme.
Booking is essential. Please contact the People & Conservation Officer on Tel: 048 881 2427 / 3434.
Download the EE application form.
Holiday programmes are offered in the June and December school holidays to both day and overnight visitor children.
Let us save our planet for present and future generations!
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?