Note to travellers:
- Sedan vehicles might not be suitable for all roads within the park when there has been rain in the area. Please contact the park for up to date information with regards to the accessibility of the roads both internal and external.
- Please note that during the rainy season we have to close some of the internal roads of the park for the safety of the guests. This will have a direct impact on the road leading from Mosu Lodge to Lilydale Rest camp. The alternative route/detour will be along the N12 to either of the camps.
- Late arrivals (after the official gate closing times) will be charged a R300 escort fee to be guided to the accommodation. This service needs to be pre-arranged with the park.
The rainfall, mainly during summer, is erratic and can be as high as 700 mm per year (June to May), but also as low as 300 mm per year (June to May). The average annual rainfall for the park is just over 400 mm per annum.
The temperature is less erratic than the rainfall with cold winters (coldest months June - July) as low as -4 °C, while the summer (warmest months December - January) is as high as 44 °C. Frost occurs, with the earliest date recorded being 27 April and the latest date 23 September.
- To ensure a safe and joyful trip through our parks, kindly adhere to the Rules and Regulations as stipulated by South African National Parks.
- The use of drones inside (and over) our national parks is strictly prohibited.
Fuel Stations: Petrol/ Diesel
There is no fuel station or groceries shop in the park. The closest fuel station is at Modderrivier.
- As outdoor lighting in camps is limited, a torch/headlamp is required when walking outside at night.
If you have any enquiries, please contact the park:
- Tel: (053) 204 8000 - Mosu Lodge (Mokala's Main Camp)
- Tel: (053) 204 8300 - Lilydale Rest Camp
- Fax: (053) 204 8003
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?