- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Marakele National Park
Would you like to continue?
Enjoy a run on the wild side at the Marakele National Park
Fancy a run on the wild side? Why not join the Marakele National Park Marathon and Half Marathon taking place on 28 March 2009. The marathons are presented by Kumba Iron Ore in collaboration with Thabazimbi Marathon Club and Marakele National Park.
Entries are limited to 1 000 runners and pre-entries close on 1 March 2009 (Medals and t-shirts to all pre-race entries – a Comrades qualifier - electronic entry form - late entries on race morning).
Rules & Entries for the Marakele National Park races - 5 km, 21,1km and 42,2 km
- Start at Marakele National Park entrance gate: 42,2 km at 06:00, 21,1 km at 06:30 and 5 km fun run at 07:00.
- No vehicles or bicycles will be allowed on the route.
- The race referee will handle all disputes and his/her decision on disputes will be final.
- Cut of time at 10:30 (4 hours) for the 21,1 km and 11:30 (5½ hours) for the 42,2 km.
- 2009 license numbers or temporary licenses must be worn on the back of the vest.
- Age categories must be displayed on the front and back of the vest.
- Water points every 3 km with toilets, coke, powerade and water on all water points.
**The rules of Athletics SA & Athletics Limpopo are applicable.**
The various medals to be presented:
- Gold Medals for first comers in different age categories for 42,2 km and 21,1 km (ladies and men).
- Silver Medals for all finishers of 42,2 km and 21,1 km.
- Medals to all fun run participants.
Enquiries (including accommodation information):
Piet van Staden
cell: 073 0020 873