- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Mapungubwe National Park
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
The following facilities are available at Mapungubwe National Park:
- Mapungubwe Interpretive Centre: With the park's UNESCO World Heritage Status, an amazing building (that won World Building of the Year in 2009's World Architectural Awards) has been constructed that houses a museum section with many of the artefacts uncovered in the park, on display. Information on the park's fascinating history and biology is also available at the Intepretive Centre with knowledgeable guides on hand to take visitors through the centre.
- Auditorium that is ideal for educational groups or small conferences and can seat up to 50 guests.
- Restaurant and Catering Facilities. The restaurant operates from 08:00 a.m. to 17:00 p.m. There is a comprehensive breakfast and light lunch menu on offer and the restaurant is licensed. Pre-prepared dinners are available if ordered prior to 14:00 p.m. and collected before 16:00 p.m.
- The are no debit card facilities available in the Park. Payments can only be made via cash or credit card. Cheques are not accepted.
- No ATM facility available
- Picnic Facilities
- Swimming Pools
Gallery of the facilities available
Note to travellers:
- There is no petrol station facilities available within the park. The closest fuel pumps are at Dongola (+/- 30km, east) and Alldays (+/- 50km, west).
- Activities that include a meal, such as a game drive and bush breakfast should ideally be booked through SANParks Reservations and will only be operated for a minimum of 4 guests, but on-site bookings at the park can be accommodated if vehicles and staff are available
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
18°C / 36°C
Sunny with high level clouds