- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Kruger National Park
Selati Station Grillhouse
In the heart of Skukuza Rest Camp stands the Selati Station Grill House that is home to the Selati Express.
The actual train that ran through the park bringing a game viewing public to appreciate the splendour that was then the Sabie game reserve today resides as the centerpiece of this Restaurant. Throughout this historic station environment are pictures and posters depicting those early days and how game viewing and the park itself would have been back in the 1920’s.
Relax under the Station roof and let the sounds of Africa and the hospitality of the crew take you back to a bygone era.
Slowly build up an appetite and ‘Wet your Whistle’ in the original train carriage that hosts a full bar before you start ‘Stoking the Coals’ with a Mini Mussel pot or perhaps Balule Black Mushrooms - alternatively try the Roasted Baby Mielie and Biltong salad at the ‘Sabie Salads’ station or steam straight in for a delicious Chicken Schnitzel at the ‘Tjoe Tjoe’ (pronounced Choo Choo) stop.
Gathering steam run along the Fresh Coastal line with the finest that the pristine coast - a mere 200km’s away - has to offer with Mozambique Styled King Prawns being a magnificent speciality.
Steaks large enough to fuel the biggest engine, sizzle at Savery’s Steaks and grills with the finest cuts grilled to produce the most mouth watering meal imaginable. At this junction it is acceptable to go ‘off the rails’ and discover the wonderful offering of the Best South African wines which our porters will gladly assist you with.
Should this not tempt you pause a while as you savour the atmosphere and allow the Station Master to regale with his tales in the Park and the secret of his Daily Specials – he may even occasionally pause to allow the Coalman to fire you up with the delicious combos on offer -a perennial favourite being the Ribs and Prawns- or a superb Park Style Pizza made in an original wood burning oven.
All too soon the journey winds to the end but think 'sweet dreams' as you are tempted by the decadent offerings available possibly coupled to an Amarula Don Pedro or more traditional Irish Coffee.
Alas all good things must end – your journey terminates where it started under the great Station roof and as you bid the Selati crew farewell cherish your memories of this great journey - and we look forward to seeing you aboard again in the near future.
Join the Crew at Selati Grillhouse – a Kruger journey not to be missed.
- Selati is now offering a full a la carte breakfast everyday from 07:30 to 10:30.
- There will be a selection of smoothies, full health and normal Selati breakfast.
- Weekdays: 6:00 - 22:30
- Weekends: 12 – 3pm and 6pm –22:30
Fully licensed bar in the carriage. Children's selection available. We accept cash and credit cards.
- Tel: +27 (0)13 735 5658
Fax: +27 (0)13 735 6002
Did You Know?
- On 31 May 1926 the National Parks Act was proclaimed and with it the merging of the Sabie and Shingwedzi Game Reserves into the Kruger National Park. The first motorists entered the park in 1927 for a fee of one pound.
KNP Emergency Hotline
- Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325