- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Kruger National Park
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Kruger Game Drives
This activity leaves before the sun sets and gets back once the sky is dark. Experienced guides drive the groups. Inquire at the reservations offices or at the camp you are staying in, about going on this drive.
Take part in the nocturnal activities of Kruger's secretive creatures. Experienced guides drive the groups. Inquire at the reservations offices or at the camp you are staying in, about going on this drive. The sunset drive departs at 17:00 and lasts at least 3 hours.
Leave at around 04.30 in summer and 05.30 in winter. Clients are to confirm with Reception the previous night when they book in to their accommodation. As per day walks, accommodation must be booked for the previous night at the camp, as walks/drives leave before the gates open officially. The drive’s duration is 3-4 hours.
Note that children under the age of 6 are not permitted to take part in these activities for their own safety.
New additional drive options
All the above drives for the camps will be available through the SANParks’ central reservation system, as well as drives from the main gates. However an additional offering is an all-day-drive where, on request and availability at camp level, guests may hire the use of a vehicle and driver for the entire day, subject to availability. Trained officials take visitors to sections of the park which are usually inaccessible to tourists. This service can also be arranged from other camps at an additional fee.
Reservations should be made well in advance (2 months):
Kruger National Park, P O Box 50, Skukuza 1350 or Tel: +27 (0)13-735-4998 or (0)13-735-4030.
Furthermore, differentiated prices for adults and children are given on the guided drive options.
Please note all times listed are given only as a guideline. Times vary throughout the year as the gate times changes, depending on daylight. Please consult at your camp reception on arrival and also make sure you get to the collection point in good time for your departure.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
Did You Know?
- On 31 May 1926 the National Parks Act was proclaimed and with it the merging of the Sabie and Shingwedzi Game Reserves into the Kruger National Park. The first motorists entered the park in 1927 for a fee of one pound.
KNP Emergency Hotline
- Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325