Olifants Astronomy Activity
Unique nightly Astronomy Game Drives from Olifants Camp in Kruger National Park combine:
- Late afternoon/sunset game drive to a remote viewing point on the Olifants River.
- Welcoming drink/sundowner and snacks (included in the price) at sunset and cash bar for remainder of evening.
- An introductory talk about the southern skies and African sky lore by a Sky Ranger (guide trained in astronomy).
- Night sky telescope viewing through a large, state-of-art telescope set up and operated on site for the evening.
- Return to Olifants Camp on a night game drive.
Bookings are essential as there are only 22 seats available per evening on the vehicle taking guests on the Astronomy Game Drive. However, more vehicles can be made available if required for larger groups.
Olifants Camp: (013) 735 6606
E-mail SANParks Central Reservations or call (012) 428 9111
View and download maps.
Did You Know?
- There are numerous examples of San Art scattered throughout the park.
KNP Emergency Hotline
- Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325
Tell Us What You Think
Min: 11°C / Max: 24°C
Sunny with high level clouds
Min: 11°C / Max: 25°C
Min: 10°C / Max: 29°C