- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Kruger National Park
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Rhino poaching arrests
The first two arrests took place on the 27th and after further investigations, a further two were arrested on the 29th outside the Park.
A semi auto 12 bore shotgun, ammunition and other hunting equipment was recovered. Further arrests are expected to take place as investigations continue.
The operation was intelligence driven.
In a separate incident in the Mahlangeni region of the KNP, SANParks Rangers made contact with a group of three suspected poachers, one of the poachers was fatally wounded and the other two managed to escape under the cover of darkness. A .458 rifle, ammunition and poaching equipment were recovered.
For media enquiries:
Reynold “Rey” Thakhuli
SANParks General Manager: PR, Media and Stakeholder Relations
Tel: 012 426 5203; Cell: 073 373 4999
SANParks Media Specialist
Tel: 012 426 5315; Cell: 083 673 6974