- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Kruger National Park
TOTAL wins KNP Award
Total SA received a KNP Executive Director’s Special Merit Award for its continued support in the KNP over time. TOTAL South Africa General Manager for Retail, Craig Lourens, received the award on behalf of TOTAL at the annual Kruger Park Awards function held at Skukuza on Friday 17 November.
At the same function TOTAL awarded the Top Service Award, for the service station in the park which provides the best service to customers, to LowerSabie. “2005/6 was a busy year for us (TOTAL) in the park. We embarked on an ambitious project to upgrade all the petroleum dispensing facilities in the park. Our aim was to ensure we met and in most instances exceeded local environmental legislation. We spent in excess of R14 million on the project. We are grateful to the Kruger Park for acknowledging our contribution with this award,” said Craig Lourens.
Kruger National Park’s Head of Communications, William Mabasa, said it was time to show their appreciation to TOTAL for the consistent support over the years and for improving the lives of the people who work in the Park.
TOTAL South Africa and the Kruger National Park’s partnership in nature conservation started in 1958. This exercise comes naturally, as the oil company places sustainable development through nature conservation, close to its heart. Realising the need to promote and preserve our environment for generations to come, TOTAL South Africa is actively involved in projects with the South African National Parks, the World Wide Fund for Nature and the Department of Water Affairs and Forestry, to mention but a few.
TOTAL South Africa has been involved in many projects with the Kruger National Park, specifically the Keep Kruger Clean Campaign and the 1998 upgrade of the staff’s living quarters, which was made possible through a donation of R1.5 million.
Some of the sponsorship include:
- Sponsorships of paper bags,
- printed maps and brochures to promote the Park
- Assisted with the building of the Central Distribution Store in Skukuza
- Established a service station network to be operated by the Kruger in all of the Kruger’s Rest Camps
- Donated funds for the Elephant museum at Skukuza and donated an elephant statue
- Partnered with Kruger National Park in their centennial celebrations
- Provided funds to produce a video on the anthrax problem Kruger
National Park’s Head of Department for Tourism and Marketing, Lucy Nhlapo, thanks TOTAL for its continuous support over the years and said the award is the first of its kind to be presented to a company from the Kruger National Park. As a good corporate citizen, TOTAL South Africa respects nature and will continue to play a role in ensuring its survival.