- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Kruger National Park
Would you like to continue?
Local school groups may gain free day access to the park if they attend an educational programme at Letaba's Elephant Hall. Bookings are taken for every day of the week except Sundays. Numbers are strictly limited during school holidays.
Programmes can be tailored to the needs of your school and can be offered in Afrikaans, English and Tsonga. Other languages may be available on request.
You will need to organise your own transport to Letaba and provide your own refreshments. We do not have an overnight facility for school groups. If you wish to stay overnight you must make arrangements to book standard tourist accommodation.
We allow up to 120 learners and 6 accompanying adults to attend for free. Any additional visitors will each need to pay the standard conservation fee at the entry gate
Please book well in advance:
- People & Conservation Department
Letaba Rest Camp
Kruger National Park
Private Bag X402
- Tel: 013 735 6664
Fax: 013 735 6662
Before calling, please make sure you have the following information available:
- Information about your school
- Number of learners you wish to bring to the park
- Number of accompanying adults
- What language would you like us to conduct the programme in?
- Grade/s of learners
- Are you teaching any relevant topics at school (e.g. biology, environment etc.)?
- Does your community suffer from any environmental problems (e.g. bush fires, erosion, littering, pollution etc.)?
- Are there any specific topics you would like us to cover (e.g. biodiversity, ecology, elephants)?
- Date you wish to attend (with alternative dates in case we are fully-booked on that day)
- The entry gate you will be using to come into the park (Phalaborwa is the closest to us)
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
Did You Know?
- There are also many historical tales of the presence of Nguni people and European explorers and settlers in the Kruger area.
KNP Emergency Hotline
- Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325