- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Skukuza Rest Camp
How to get there
Travel routes and times from central Gauteng
The closest airport to Skukuza is Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA) that is situated between Nelspruit and White River. KMIA is situated approximately 15 km from White River and about 100 km from Paul Kruger Gate.
There are daily scheduled flights between KMIA and OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, with less frequent flights from Cape Town and Durban International Airports respectively. Private once-off chartered aircraft wanting to land at Skukuza Airfield need to obtain prior permission from Park Management.
Paul Kruger Gate
Take the N4 to Nelspruit. Then take the R40 to Hazyview via White River. From Hazyview, take the R536 to the gate. Allow between 5 to 6 hours for the trip to the gate. Skukuza Rest Camp is 12 km away from the gate. Allow about 30 minutes for the drive to the camp.
Take the N4 to Nelspruit. Then take the R40 to Hazyview via White River. From Hazyview, take the R536 to the gate. Phabeni Gate is approximately 10 km from Hazyview. Allow between 5 to 6 hours for the trip to the gate. Skukuza Rest Camp is 39 km from the gate. Allow about 1 and ¾ of an hour for the drive to the camp.
See the relevant gate times for Kruger's camps.
Check out the list of all your GPS coordinates for Kruger's camps.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
Did You Know?
- There are almost 254 known cultural heritage sites in the Kruger National Park, including nearly 130 recorded rock art sites.
KNP Emergency Hotline
- Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325