- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Skukuza Rest Camp
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
How to get there
Travel routes and times from central Gauteng
There are daily flights to the Kruger Park operating from Johannesburg to the recently reopened Skukuza Airport, Phalaborwa Airport, Hoedspruit Airport and the Kruger/Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA) located between Nelspruit and White River. Daily flights also operate to Skukuza from Cape Town. KMIA also receives daily flights from Durban and Cape Town, and there is also a flight from Cape Town to Hoedspruit.
No private aircraft may land at Skukuza Airport without prior permission from the Skukuza Airport Management Company acting on behalf of the Park Director. To obtain this, a Skukuza landing permission and indemnification form must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Airlink's scheduled air services to Skukuza airport:
|OR Tambo International Airport (Johannesburg)||Skukuza Airport||10:00|
|Cape Town International Airport||Skukuza Airport||10:35|
|Skukuza Airport||Cape Town International Airport||11:20|
|Skukuza Airport||OR Tambo International Airport (Johannesburg)||13:20|
Visit www.flyairlink.com/skukuza/ for additional information.
Paul Kruger Gate
Take the N4 to Nelspruit. Then take the R40 to Hazyview via White River. From Hazyview, take the R536 to the gate. Allow between 5 to 6 hours for the trip to the gate. Skukuza Rest Camp is 12 km away from the gate. Allow about 30 minutes for the drive to the camp.
Take the N4 to Nelspruit. Then take the R40 to Hazyview via White River. From Hazyview, take the R536 to the gate. Phabeni Gate is approximately 10 km from Hazyview. Allow between 5 to 6 hours for the trip to the gate. Skukuza Rest Camp is 39 km from the gate. Allow about 1 and ¾ of an hour for the drive to the camp.
See the relevant gate times for Kruger's camps.
Check out the list of all your GPS coordinates for Kruger's camps.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
Did You Know?
- On 31 May 1926 the National Parks Act was proclaimed and with it the merging of the Sabie and Shingwedzi Game Reserves into the Kruger National Park. The first motorists entered the park in 1927 for a fee of one pound.
KNP Emergency Hotline
- Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325