- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Skukuza Rest Camp
Please note that you will now be routed to a separate web booking portal specific to Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets.
Would you like to continue?
Please ensure that your stay is happy and safe by taking note of a few simple warnings. You will be sharing your stay with many exciting and unusual creatures but without knowledge some of them could be dangerous:
- Bats, Spiders, Snakes, Scorpions, Malaria Zone
If you must walk around at night please DO NOT DO SO WITHOUT A TORCH.
Remember: by feeding any wildlife, you are signing their death warrant as they become aggressive!
Kruger is in a summer rainfall area. Such precipitation is usually convectional and can result in heavy downpours. The summer months (October to April) are hot and often balmy. Winters are warm and mild, although visitors going on night-drives will require warm clothing.
Late arrivals are only allowed in cases of emergency (proof and valid reason required) until 21:00 for guests with pre-booked accommodation at certain camps within 10km distance from the relevant gate. An extra late arrival fee will be charged which is payable at the gate. No late arrivals are allowed at Pafuri, Phalaborwa or Phabeni Gates or any other gates for camps more than 10km away.
- The late arrival fee for Skukuza camp is R500, valid from 1 November 2013.
AVIS Rental in available at Skukuza Camp and their office is within the reception area.
Contact number: +27 (0)13 735 5651 or 082 458 9344
Skukuza has a designated day visitor area where day visitors and visitors from other camps can barbecue (braai) and picnic. Currently this area is adjacent to the cafeteria overlooking the Sabie River. Plans are underway to move this area down stream to a new area. A new swimming pool was built for day visitors and is located downstream from the main camp.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
Did You Know?
- More than 300 archaeological sites of Stone Age man have been found.
KNP Emergency Hotline
- Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325