- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
This page displays all information relevant to this park/camp, except the following:
Shipandani Sleepover Hide, situated approximately 3km south of Mopani on the Tsendze River, is a unique accommodation facility where guests can feel part of the nature.
A bird hide by day, it transforms into a primitive overnight dwelling by night, where a select few can experience the Kruger National Park nightlife first hand. Large buffalo herds and many elephant bulls frequent the area meters away from where you are sleeping. This is your chance to experience Africa in its truest form.
5 Things to seek
- Saddle-billed stork
- Lilac breasted roller
- Tel: +27 (0)13 735 6535/6
Fax: +27 (0)13 735 6547
Mobile: 082 802 1113
A sleepover hide is a unique overnight experience, exclusively available for guests from half an hour prior to gate closing times.
It provides the opportunity for guests to enjoy complete privacy as the hide must be reserved in entirety (minimum of 2 and maximum of 6 guests at one time). Shipandane Sleepover Hide must be vacated half an hour after gate opening time.
- Sleeping units are contained in wooden structures that are locked to the inside wall of the hide by day.
- At night these structures fold down to construct a light bed base. Mattresses are kept in the cupboard at the hide. Bedding and cutlery box is available at Reception on payment of a deposit. Each bedding bag consists of a duvet, pillow, duvet cover, sheet, mattress protector and pillowcase.
- An environmental toilet is available for the overnight guests in a separate area on the hide perimeter.
- The living area comprises of boma with braai (barbeque) facilities. There is no electricity but two chargeable lamps, that operate for about 5 hours, are provided on request. Please bring your own lighting.
- Only the very perimeter of the facility is fenced and guests are advised to exercise caution at all times. Do not leave the enclosure at night.
- Eating utensils such as cutlery and crockery is provided for. The hide is fully self-catering and guests are advised to bring their own food, wood and water.
Shipandane Sleepover Hide is managed form Mopani camp and has no Reception area.
Guests are required to report to Mopani camp for check-in to acquire keys, bedding, braai grid and lamps. Accommodation at Shipandane is well suited for adventurous Guests who are looking for a primitive, close to nature, self-catering bushveld experience.
Booking for this accommodation can only be done via telephone, fax, e-mail or in person.
Activities & Facilities
No activities available from Shipandane Sleepover Hide
- Guided Game Walks or Game Drives can be pre-arranged with Mopani camp subject to availability.
- Tariffs for Activities
These activities will ensure an exciting bush experience. All bookings, as well as further details for these activities are available from reception at Mopani.include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/levy-on-tariffs.inc.php'); ?>
- No water (drinking or bathing) available at hide.
- No electricity.
- Two chargeable lamps that operate for about 5 hours (on request).
- No shop or restaurant available.
- No Reception office at camp.
- The nearest camp is Mopani (approximately 3km).
How to get there
Travel routes and times from central Gauteng
Take the N1 toll-road to Polokwane (Pietersburg). 40 km before Polokwane turn right onto the R71 and head for Tzaneen. After Tzaneen head towards Phalaborwa and the gate. Allow between 6 to 7 hours for the trip to the gate. Shipandani Sleepover Hide is approximately 70km away from the gate. Allow about 2 ½ hours for the drive to the hide, however if you want to enjoy the game viewing possibilities give yourself more time.
- General tariffs information
- 2012/2013 full tariff list (word document or pdf document)
- Pensioners' discount
- Daily conservation fee
- Pre-booked/Advanced Reservations for Day Visits
- Tariffs for Kruger outdoor activities and guided game walks / drives View pictures of Shipandani Overnight Hide and availability
Tariffs from 1 November 2012 to 31 October 2013
Residents to check in at Orpen Rest Camp
No. of units
Shipandani Hide SHB
Max 6 guests
People with disabilities
The ablution blocks in this campsite offer facilities for the wheelchair access.
Please see additional information on Wheelchair Accessibility
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?