- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Shingwedzi Rest Camp
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Activities & Facilities
- Guided Bush Walks
- Game Drives (in the company of trained field guides)
- Bush Breakfast and Bush Braai (Barbecue). Includes game drive to venue. Confirm availability when booking.
- Kanniedood Bird Hide (located about 7 km east of the camp)
- Ntishivana Bird Hide (located about 30 km east of the camp)
- Northern Plains 4 x 4 Adventure Trail (weather sensitive activity)
- Wildlife films on the big screen (every evening except Sundays)
- Tariffs for Activities
These activities will ensure an exciting bush experience. All bookings, as well as further details for these activities are available from reception.
A community fund of 1% will be added to the cost of all accommodation and activity reservations arriving on or after the 1st of June 2012.
- Information at Reception
- Public Telephone
- Post Box
- Conference Facilities
- Mini ATM facility available in the restaurant
- Filling Station
- Communal Kitchens
- Communal Ablutions
- Swimming Pool
- Cutlery and Plates Hampers (from Reception)
- Basic First Aid Assistance
- Day Visitors Picnic Area
- DSTV (limited channels) only available in Guest House
- Cellphone reception
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
Did You Know?
- The park was first proclaimed in 1898 as the Sabie Game Reserve by the then president of the Transvaal Republic, Paul Kruger. He first proposed the need to protect the animals of the Lowveld in 1884, but his revolutionary vision took another 12 years to be realised when the area between the Sabie and Crocodile Rivers was set aside for restricted hunting.
KNP Emergency Hotline
- Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325