- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Roodewal Bush Lodge
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
This page displays all information relevant to this park/camp, except the following:
Roodewal Bush Lodge is a secluded lodge situated 44km north of Satara, on the banks of the Timbavati River.
Riverine plant life, like Natal Mahogany and Jackalberry trees, create a picturesque view from the braai area, only to be crowned by the brightness of the stars at night. The unique quality of this camp is due to the extreme privacy of each individual sleeping unit, making it ideal for celebration parties, corporate think-tanks and small intimate wedding parties. Not only is the whole camp occupied by the party making the booking, but the units are spaced to offer privacy to each guest / family occupying that unit. Another special feature is the private viewing deck, built on stilts and overlooking the Timbavati River.
5 Things to seek
- Martial Eagle
- Night egret
Tel: +27 (0)13 735 6306/7
Fax: +27 (0)13 735 6304
Mobile: 082 802 1209
A bush lodge is an exclusive, private lodge with a unique, rustic style and atmosphere, with multiple rooms and bathrooms. It provides the opportunity for guests to enjoy complete privacy, as only residents are allowed entrance to the lodge area. A bush lodge must be reserved en bloc. Roodewal can accommodate a maximum of 19 persons at a time.
• All bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms. Solar panels provide power for lights and fans only.
• There is one family cottage with two bedrooms and two bathrooms (one with a bath, the other with a shower).
• There are 3 bungalows that have 3 beds each, a loft with two mattresses, a bathroom (shower) and a small refrigerator.
• The living area comprises of a fully equipped kitchen, dining room, bar, lounge, braai (barbeque) and viewing deck. The kitchen has a gas stove with oven, refrigerator, freezer, cutlery and crockery. Gas braais and braai (barbecue) facilities are provided.
Roodewal Bush Lodge is managed form Satara camp and has no Reception area. Visitors can check in at any main rest camp or gate. Accommodation at Roodewal Bush Lodge is well suited for those Guests who are looking for a private, self-catering bushveld experience.
To view the accommodation prices, refer to Tariffs
Activities & Facilities
No activities available form Roodewal Bush Lodge.
- Guided Game Walks or Game Drives can be pre-arranged with Satara camp subject to availability.
- Tariffs for Activities
These activities will ensure an exciting bush experience. All bookings, as well as further details for these activities are available from Reception desks at Satara or Olifants camps.include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/parks/includes/levy-on-tariffs.inc.php'); ?>
• No electricity (plug points) available for appliances in units
• No shop or restaurant available
• No Reception office at camp
• No cellphone reception available
• The nearest camps are Satara (44km) and Olifants (28km)
How to get there
Travel routes and times from central Gauteng
Head toward Nelspruit on the N4, take the R540 Belfast turn off. At Lydenburg turn left onto the R36 heading north. 30 km before Hoedspruit turn right onto the R531 and head to the gate. Allow between 4 to 5 hours for the trip to the gate. Roodewal Bush Lodge is approximately 75 km from the gate. Allow about 3 hours for the drive to the camp, however, if you want to enjoy the game viewing possibilities, give yourself more time!
- General tariffs information
- 2013/2014 Tariffs
- Pensioners' discount
- Daily conservation fee
- Pre-booked/Advanced Reservations for Day Visits
- Tariffs for Kruger outdoor activities and guided game walks / drives
- View pictures of Roodewal Bush Lodge accommodation and availability
Exclusive private lodge for residents only.
- Roodewal residents to check in at Satara Rest Camp
Please ensure that your stay is happy and safe by taking note of a few simple warnings. You will be sharing your stay with many exciting and unusual creatures but without knowledge some of them could be dangerous:
- Bats, Spiders, Snakes, Scorpions, Malaria Zone
If you must walk around at night please DO NOT DO SO WITHOUT A TORCH.
Remember: by feeding any wildlife, you are signing their death warrant as they become aggressive!
Kruger is in a summer rainfall area. Such precipitation is usually convectional and can result in heavy downpours. The summer months (October to April) are hot and often balmy. Winters are warm and mild, although visitors going on night-drives will require warm clothing.
People with disabilities
(Please see additional information on Wheelchair Accessibility)
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?