- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Orpen Rest Camp
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Please ensure that your stay is happy and safe by taking note of a few simple warnings. You will be sharing your stay with many exciting and unusual creatures but without knowledge some of them could be dangerous:
- Bats, Spiders, Snakes, Scorpions, Malaria Zone
If you must walk around at night please DO NOT DO SO WITHOUT A TORCH.
Remember: by feeding any wildlife, you are signing their death warrant as they become aggressive!
Kruger is in a summer rainfall area. Such precipitation is usually convectional and can result in heavy downpours. The summer months (October to April) are hot and often balmy. Winters are warm and mild, although visitors going on night-drives will require warm clothing.
Orpen has a designated day visitor area where day visitors and visitors from other camps can braai (barbecue) and picnic. There are also picnic sites at Muzandzeni and Nhlanguleni southwest of the camp, and at Timbavati northeast of the camp, along the river of the same name. There is a shop*, which caters for Tamboti and Marula visitors.
There is a filling station at Orpen which only accepts petro cards (garage cards) and cash for filling fuel.
* Please note there is no restaurant.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
Did You Know?
- Cultural artifacts of Stone Age man have been found for the period 100 000 to 30 000 years ago.
KNP Emergency Hotline
- Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325