- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Kruger National Park
Please note that you are about to leave the SANParks website (www.sanparks.org) and will be directed to a partner website.
Would you like to continue?
Tinga Private Game Lodge
Tinga Private Game Lodge is situated on the banks of the Sabie river, in the prime game-viewing area of the Kruger National Park.
The Sabie river has the highest recorded density of leopards in Africa, and one of the highest predator densities. This river is also said to have the richest biodiversity of any South African river, with many endangered and rare species (mammals, birds, reptiles and plants) being found in the area.
Tinga has an exclusive 5,000 hectare concession within this area, where guests can view the wildlife on game drives or bush walks, whilst accompanied by SANParks-qualified guides. Tinga vehicles also have access to the entire Kruger road network, thus allowing guests to view the areas of historical significance and aesthetic beauty that the southern Kruger has to offer.
Tinga’s twin lodges, Legends and Narina, each comprise nine luxury suites. The suites are well spaced to ensure exclusivity, and each one is equipped with its own heated plunge pool and private viewing deck, and an unobstructed view of the Sabie river. The Sabie river is the lifeblood of the southern Kruger, and many visitors are treated to some spectacular sightings from the decks of their suites. With a focus on exclusivity, Tinga also offer guests the opportunity to enjoy a private dinner or wellness treatment on the decks of the suites.
As a concession lodge, Tinga adheres to the ecological mandate of SANParks, and all activities are undertaken with an aim to minimise ecological impact in the area.
Tel: +27 (0) 11 880-9992
Did You Know?
- There is ample evidence that prehistoric man, Homo erectus, roamed the area between 500 000 and 100 000 years ago.
KNP Emergency Hotline
- Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325