- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Kruger National Park
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Rhino Walking Safaris
Rhino Walking Safaris specialises in luxury walking safaris in 12,000 hectares of pristine bushveld in the only wilderness concession in the Kruger National Park.
The concession shares a 15 km unfenced boundary with the famous Mala Mala and Sabi Sands reserve, with an abundance of wildlife moving freely between the two reserves. Follow animal trails on foot through this environmentally sensitive area that offers the Big Five as well as a diversity of fauna and flora.
The main lodge, Rhino Post Safari Lodge is set under magnificent Tamboti trees and is built with natural materials – stone, wood, thatch and canvas - to give it an authentic bush feel. Stilts raise the 8 spaciously appointed suites from the riverbank allowing guests to view the Mutlumuvi riverbed with ease from the bedroom, bathroom and private wooden deck. The suites are set out in an open plan style with wooden floors, thatched roofs, canvas walls and an overhead fan. In the heat of summer, cool off in the swimming pool and watch the wildlife amble down to the waterhole for a midday drink. At sundown, enjoy a cocktail in the comfort of the lounge with its extensive wine cellar, cosy fireplace and bar.
Plains Camp has four African explorer-style tents nestled in an Acacia Knobthorn thicket, which overlooks the spectacular Timbitene plain with its abundant wildlife. This 8-bed camp is built in authentic pioneer tradition and reflects the ambience of a 19th century naturalist’s retreat. By prior arrangement guests can also enjoy a night under the stars at the Sleep Outs, which are elevated wooden platforms.
Phone: +27 (0) 11 467 1886
Rhino Walking Safari's is proudly associated with Isibindi Africa Lodges
Did You Know?
- The park was first proclaimed in 1898 as the Sabie Game Reserve by the then president of the Transvaal Republic, Paul Kruger. He first proposed the need to protect the animals of the Lowveld in 1884, but his revolutionary vision took another 12 years to be realised when the area between the Sabie and Crocodile Rivers was set aside for restricted hunting.
KNP Emergency Hotline
- Report rule breakers and other incidents to KNP's Emergency Call Centre on 013 735 4325