- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Bateleur Bushveld Camp
Flora and Fauna
Silwervis Dam offers sighting of hippo, crocodile, bushbuck, nyala and you will perhaps be rewarded by a glimpse of the spotted prince of cats - a leopard.
The nearby Nshawu pans are an excellent area to see game as there are some open plains that host species such as blue wildebeest, Burchell's zebra, buffalo and the rarer tsessebe.
Black-backed jackal and caracal are some of the smaller more unusual species to look out for.
Natal mahogany, brack thorn mustard tree, sausage tree, apple leaf, mixed bushwillow, silver cluster leaf, round leafed teak, buffalothorn, sycamore fig, magic guarri, marula, jackalberry, leadwood, mopane, wilddate palm, weeping boer bean, reeds and mixed acacias can all be found in and around the Bateleur region.
(For more birding information and park bird checklist, go to Information for Birders)
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?