- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
!Xerry Wilderness Trail
Named after the diminutive steenbok which frequents the area, the !Xerry Wilderness Trail is a 2 day, 2 night self-catering overnight trail, departing from Nossob.
The participants board a Land Rover that takes them to their base camp, from which they will depart on morning and afternoon walks in the veld, accompanied by experienced guides. The afternoon is spent in the camp relaxing and sharing the outdoor experience.
The base camp is very rustic, and consists of an enclosed boma, and has a long drop, braai & preparation area and bush shower with shower bag – everything else needs to be provided by the tourists.
- The trail departs from Nossob at 11:30 on Wednesdays, and returns to Nossob at 12:00 on Fridays.
- It departs every Wednesday from 1 April to 31 October.
Due to the summer heat, the trail is closed from 1 November until 31 March. The trail caters for a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 8 persons; no-one under the age of 16 is allowed on the trail.
Tourists need to bring the following along:
- Tents and sleeping utensils
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Food and water
- Camp chairs
- Braai wood
When packing, you are urged to pack non-perishable food, as there is no electricity and no points for portable freezers. Cooler boxes may be taken along; there is a braai grid. Do pack in accordance to the temperatures: day-time temperatures can be anywhere between 6 and 35 degrees, and night temperatures could go close to -10!
Please note that only 1 small trailer will be taken along, and only that which can fit onto the trailer will be packed. As such, participants are urged to pack as light as possible.
- Tel: +27 (0)54 561 2050
Fax: +27 (0)54 561 2005
23°C / 37°C