- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Karoo National Park
Would you like to continue?
How to get there
Many visitors to Karoo National Park access the Park by car as this allows them the freedom to explore the park at their own leisure.
The Park is a convenient stopover on the N1 route between Cape Town and the interior of the country. Cape Town is situated about 500km south of the Park. Johannesburg is situated about 1 000km north of the Park.
The rest camp of the Park is situated 12km from the town of Beaufort West in the Western Cape, off the N1 highway.
- The closest airport is situated in George, approximately 300km from the Park.
- International airports are situated in Cape Town and Johannesburg.
- An airport for small aircraft is situated 10km north of Beaufort West (no scheduled flights).
Car hire facilities are located at airports and major cities.
Internal Road Network
All internal roads are tarred, with the exception of the 4x4 Trail. Coaches and buses cannot access all roads in the Park – drivers should contact Park Reception for more information.
Entrance Gate: S 32˚21’48.2 | E 22˚32’28.4
- 05:00 – 22:00
- Arrivals after 22:00 are not permitted without prior arrangement.
- The reception office is open from 07:00 to 19:00.
- Visitors with reserved accommodation who will arrive after 19:00 must make prior arrangements to collect the keys to their accommodation at the entrance gate. Please call the camp at Tel +27 (0)23 415 2828.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?