- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Karoo National Park
Please note that you will now be routed to a separate web booking portal specific to Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets.
Would you like to continue?
Annual rainfall totals 260 mm, with the plains being hot in summer, and the mountain areas relatively cool throughout the year. During mid-winter snow occurs regularly on the peaks of the Nuweveld Mountains.
Day Visitors are welcome and no bookings are required for day visits.
Fuel Stations: Petrol/ Diesel
Vehicle fuel is available in all parks (or is available on the park periphery):
- South African legislation stipulates that fuel stations will accept legitimate petrol/fuel/garage/credit/debit cards or cash as a form of payment for any fuel purchase.
- Administration: Mondays to Fridays 07:30 to 16:00
- The Reception Office is open from 07:00 to 19:00 daily.
- To ensure a safe and joyful trip through our parks, kindly adhere to the Rules and Regulations as stipulated by South African National Parks.
- The use of drones inside (and over) our national parks is prohibited, unless these are used for research or official purposes and with the prior written approval of the Park Management.
Tips and Hints
- Pets are not allowed in national parks.
- As outdoor lighting in camps is limited, a torch/headlamp is required when walking outside at night.
- Firearms to be declared at reception where they will be sealed. The seal will be broken upon departure.
- Motorcycles or bicycles are not allowed.
- Hospital, doctors, pharmacies, as well as vehicle repair and police services in Beaufort West.
- Fuel available in Beaufort West.
- Cool clothing for summer and warm for winter – the region is subject to sudden changes in weather, particularly in the mountains.
- Remember to bring a hat, walking shoes, sun block, camera, binoculars and bird and mammal reference books.
- Hikers on day trails must always carry sufficient water.
- Karoo National Park
Tel: +27 (0)23 415 2828 / 9
Fax: +27 (0)23 415 1671 E-mail
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?