- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Karoo National Park
Please note that you are about to leave the SANParks website (www.sanparks.org) and will be directed to a partner website.
Would you like to continue?
Annual rainfall totals 260 mm, with the plains being hot in summer, and the mountain areas relatively cool throughout the year. During mid-winter snow occurs regularly on the peaks of the Nuweveld Mountains.
Day Visitors are welcome and no bookings are required for day visits.
Fuel Stations: Petrol/ Diesel
Vehicle fuel is available in all parks (or is available on the park periphery):
- South African legislation stipulates that fuel stations will accept legitimate petrol/fuel/garage/credit/debit cards or cash as a form of payment for any fuel purchase.
- Administration: Mondays to Fridays 07:30 to 16:00
- The Reception Office is open from 07:00 to 19:00 daily.
- To ensure a safe and joyful trip through our parks, kindly adhere to the Rules and Regulations as stipulated by South African National Parks.
Tips and Hints
- Pets are not allowed in national parks.
- As outdoor lighting in camps is limited, a torch/headlamp is required when walking outside at night.
- Firearms to be declared at reception where they will be sealed. The seal will be broken upon departure.
- Motorcycles or bicycles are not allowed.
- Hospital, doctors, pharmacies, as well as vehicle repair and police services in Beaufort West.
- Fuel available in Beaufort West.
- Cool clothing for summer and warm for winter – the region is subject to sudden changes in weather, particularly in the mountains.
- Remember to bring a hat, walking shoes, sun block, camera, binoculars and bird and mammal reference books.
- Hikers on day trails must always carry sufficient water.
- Karoo National Park
Tel: +27 (0)23 415 2828 / 9
Fax: +27 (0)23 415 1671 E-mail
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?