- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Karoo National Park
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Main Rest Camp
- All accommodation is serviced daily and equipped with bedding, towels and soap.
- Breakfast in included in the acccommodation costs, with the exception of camp sites.
- 8 Cape Dutch style family units, each with two bedrooms (six beds in total), en suite bathrooms (bath and shower), DSTV (limited channels), and fully equipped kitchen (kettle, toaster, stove, oven, fridge, cutlery and crockery. One unit (No. 8) has been adapted for persons with limited mobility and contains a bath only.
- 19 Cape Dutch style units, each with a bathroom (shower and bath), open-plan areas with 2 single beds and a double sleeper couch and kitchenettes with basic equipment. Two units have been adapted for persons with limited mobility and these contain showers only..
- 10 Cape Dutch style cottages - one bedroom (double bed) open plan kitchen (microwave and three-plate hob) and lounge, bathroom (shower) and DSTV (limited channels).
- 24 award-winning camping and caravan campsites amidst a veritable green oasis in the rugged Karoo environment with communal ablutions (shower and baths) and kitchen facilities with stove plates and scullery.
- All caravan sites equipped with 220V power points.
- A maximum of six persons, one caravan with a side tent and one vehicle, or one tent and one vehicle, or one autovilla or one motorised caravan will be permitted per site.
- Laundry with a washing machine and tumble drier (R10 tokens available at reception).
To view the accommodation prices, refer to Tariffs
Afsaal Cottage is an old Shepherds hut which has been upgraded and will be re-opened in the near future. The facility is situated on the southern section of the Nuweveld 4x4 route, approximately 35 kilometers from the main rest camp.
The unit will be able to accommodate two adults and two children. The unit is equipped with an energy friendly solar power system for the lighting, a gas burner for food preparation, as well as a 90 liter solar powered fridge/freezer to store food and drinks. Two outside braai areas are also available. No fire wood is provided. Inside the unit are two single beds with mattresses and bedding. Extra bedding is provided. Two additional stretchers are available on request. The unit will not be serviced, but only cleaned on departure and before arrival. A shower with a gas geyser will ensure that there is hot water available. The unit is also equipped with a wash basin on the outside. In front of the unit is a waterhole which can be illuminated by the residents after dark in order to enjoy game viewing from the comfort of the porch.
Staying over at Afsaal Cottage will give visitors an early start to the game viewing area and the possibility to see the elusive game species. Normal gate hours are applicable to the Afsaal Cottage and park management depends on the honesty and integrity of visitors to abide by the gate and park rules. Visitors should also note that there is no Cell phone reception at the Cottage. The base rate tariff of one to two people is R690 per night. Additional children will cost an additional R100 per child. Bookings can only be made through the Park's Reception, on (023) 415 2828.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?