- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Karoo National Park
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Media Release: Winter brings snow to Karoo National Park
Park Manager, Nico van der Walt, says it was not as heavy as last year’s snow, though. “Last year we had snow twice - once in July and again in September. That snowfall was much heavier, and came down as low as the area known as the middle plateau.”
Snow used to occur in the town of Beaufort West regularly years ago. However, after a long absence, the locals got some on their doorsteps for the first time last year since 1984.
The first snow of the year on the Nuweveld Mountains in Karoo National Park.
South African National Parks (SANParks) Frontier Region Communications
Tel: 042 233 8609
Regional Manager: Communications, SANParks
Tel: 042 233 8609; Cell: 082 888 0201