- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Karoo National Park
Would you like to continue?
People with Disabilities
- An in-depth accessibility profile for Karoo National Park has been compiled.
- View the accessibily features overview for the Karoo National Park, as featured in the Rolling Inspiration magazine.
- Please see additional information on Wheelchair Accessibility
The rest camp has three units accessible to wheelchair users (two chalets with two beds and a sleeper couch and one unit with six single beds in two bedrooms).
Accommodation images may differ from the actual units as refurbishment of various accommodation types occur on an on-going basis.
Accessible Activities & Facilities
- The reception area and shop can be accessed easily enough (there is a small step at the entrance to the building.) Descending into the restaurant is currently achieved via an exceptionally steep ramp, and even the strongest of wheelchair users will need assistance.
- The highlight of the park from an accessibility perspective is a fossil trail accessible to wheelchairs and most of the circuit is on a smooth, firm surface with an appropriate gradient. A bird hide and a couple of other walks are not accessible, but wheelchair users can follow the road down to the picturesque campsite and make their way around it absorbing the fauna and flora. Birds, insects and tortoises are particularly prominent.
- Otherwise visitors can go on a scenic mountain drive or a game viewing plains drive.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?