- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Golden Gate Highlands National Park
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Wilgenhof Environmental Education Centre
- 80 dorm beds (4 rooms of 20 beds).
- 12 beds for facilitators / drivers (6 twin rooms).
- Spacious hall.
- Self-catering or catered options with well-equipped kitchen.
- Canoeing, abseiling and guided walks included in price (for educational groups).
- Horse riding at very reasonable rates.
- Beautiful grounds including sports field, lapa and stunning views across the valley.
Wilgenhof Environmental Education Centre has been offering professional and dynamic educational programmes for over 20 years. The well-maintained facilities include a large hall with kitchen and accommodation for 92 people. The Centre is located in a beautiful setting overlooking the Golden Gate and the mighty peaks of Ribbokkop and Snow Hills. There is even a rock art site just a few minutes walk away.
Our programmes can accommodate different curriculum aspects as appropriate for your learners. Our five main themes are:
- National Parks and Conservation
- Eco Moods
- Stones and Bones
- Water Ways and Wild Weather
- People and the Past
We also include guided walks to Brandwag, Cathedral Cave and Mushroom Rock, canoeing and abseiling with professional guides, and night walks. A trip to the Basotho Cultural Village and horse riding can also be arranged for an extra cost. Here are more details about our programme content.
Our Centre and programmes are managed and implemented by professional, friendly and experienced staff who can create flexible programmes to suit your needs. The Centre is also available for non-educational groups or for groups who wish to create their own programme. Here is more practical information about the programme.
Meals are not included in this price on the tariff document, but are available on request at very reasonable rates. Please contact the People and Conservation office for current prices.
If you require any more information about programmes or practical details about Wilgenhof Environmental Education Centre, please don’t hesitate to contact the People and Conservation office on 058 255 0907. Alternatively, you can fax 058 255 0022 or email the Wilgenhof Environmental Education Centre.
We hope to see you soon!
-3°C / 19°C
Sunny with high level clouds