- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Golden Gate Highlands National Park
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Mild highveld summers with the possibility of thunderstorms in the afternoon and cold winters with occasional snow transforming the park into a white wonderland.
The winter temperatures in Golden Gate can plummet to a mere -9 to -15 degrees C and that snow is a regular occurrence in the park.
Golden Gate primarily falls in a summer rainfall area (Sept to April) and the annual rainfall is approximately 760 mm per year. In very wet years this figure can rise to 1250 mm.
With a public bypass road running through the park day visitors are welcome to drive through the park.
Fuel Stations: Petrol/ Diesel
Vehicle fuel is available in all parks (or is available on the park periphery):
- South African legislation stipulates that fuel stations will accept legitimate petrol/fuel/garage/credit/debit cards or cash as a form of payment for any fuel purchase.
Monday to Sunday 07:00 - 17:30.
- To ensure a safe and joyful trip through our parks, kindly adhere to the Rules and Regulations as stipulated by South African National Parks.
- The use of drones inside (and over) our national parks is prohibited, unless these are used for research or official purposes and with the prior written approval of the Park Management.
Tips and Hints
- Pets are not allowed.
- As outdoor lighting in camps is limited, a torch/headlamp is required when walking outside at night.
- Firearms must be declared and sealed on arrival. Seal will be broken at the reception office upon departure.
- Vehicle repair, medical, post office and police services at Clarens (17 km) or Bethlehem (± 60 km).
- Remember to bring a hat, walking shoes, sun block, camera, binoculars and wildlife reference books.
- Hikers on day and overnight trails must always carry sufficient water.
- Take cool and light clothing for summer and warm clothing for winter.
- Area prone to sudden weather changes.
**Visitors with reserved accommodation who arrive after 17:30 may collect the keys to their accommodation at the Security Office, Glen Reenen Filling Station.**
For enquiries e-mail Golden Gate Highlands National Park or phone us on the following numbers:
- Tel: +27 (0)58 255 1000
- Fax: +27 (0)58 255-0980
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
8°C / 25°C