- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
The GRNP urges hikers to stick to the rules when hiking the Otter Trail
The Garden Route National Park (GRNP) thus wishes to reiterate that all rules should be adhered to strictly, which includes:
- Age restriction and fitness: The age restrictions of 12 (minimum age) and 65 (maximum age) years are used as indicative ages, due to the level of physical demands of the trail. All hikers of 65 years and above will be required to produce a recent medical certificate which confirms their level of fitness for specifically the Otter Trail terrain. All hikers below the age of 12 years old, should be accompanied by their parents/guardians, who will be the legal signatories to the SANParks Indemnity Form to be submitted with copies of their Identity documents and/or passport upon arrival at the park.
- Portage on the Otter Trail: NO SUCH SERVICE will be provided unless in the case of emergencies as per emergency procedures. Paying staff members a fee to do so in cases, other than emergencies, is illegal and disciplinary action will be taken against any staff member involved.
- Luxury Trail: Should hikers wish for a different experience including luxuries such as portage, food and beverages provided, they are encouraged to make use of the 4- star Dolphin Trail along the western coastline of the park.