- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
Veld fires spread to GRNP’s Tsitsikamma Section
The current spate of wild fires engulfing the Southern Cape has since yesterday evening (Monday, 8 February 2010) spilled into the mountain areas of the Langkloof Mountains in the Tsitsikamma Section of the Garden Route National Park (GRNP).
Thus far the fires affecting SANParks are burning in inaccessible mountainous areas (one in the Southern Cape and three in Tsitsikamma). These fires are closely monitored and are expected to burn itself out in patches of indigenous forest. As soon as the fire start posing a risk to neighbouring land, appropriate action will be taken.
- Tsitsikamma Section: The situation at Langkloof Mountains is being monitored and an aerial inspection was undertaken this morning.
- Knysna Section: The Working on Fire (WoF) as well as SANParks personnel, MTO and the Eden District Municipality have been deployed to the Homtini plaat (North of Rheenendal) to prepare for fire breaks and will be on standby to provide assistance.