- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Wilderness Ebb-and-Flow Rest Camp
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Nature has blessed Wilderness with a pleasant, temperate climate; it is unique in Africa as the only area in which rainfall occurs throughout the year. And, to cap it all, most of our rain falls at night! It's the ideal climate for a visit - at any time of the year!
The park is ideal for day visitors with various picnic sites at the rest camp and at the lagoon.
Fuel Stations: Petrol/ Diesel
Vehicle fuel is available in all parks (or is available on the park periphery):
- South African legislation stipulates that fuel stations will accept legitimate petrol/fuel/garage/credit/debit cards or cash as a form of payment for any fuel purchase.
No firearms allowed.
- No official office hours
- Check-in - 14:00
- Check-out - 10:00
Internal Road Network
The access road from the N2 is paved, however, the access from the northern camp is gravelled.
Tips & Hints
- Pets are not allowed in a national park.
- Remember to bring along a bathing suit, angling equipment, hat, sun block, walking shoes, binoculars, bird and mammal reference books. Hikers must always carry sufficient water.
- As outdoor lighting in camps is limited, a torch/headlamp is required when walking outside at night.
- Please note it is preferable to swim at Wilderness beach when a lifeguard is on duty.
- What visitors need to take (preparation for the trip):
- Bring along binoculars, camera, walking shoes and wildlife reference books.
- Road maps of tourist routes within the park are available at the reception area. Various information sheets are available at reception.
- For summer (September – March), cool comfortable clothing is recommended along with sunhats and sun protection cream.
- For winter and autumn (April – August), warm clothing is recommended for the night times.
- Insect repellant is recommended, especially in summer.
- No immunisations are needed for travel to this park. The park is situated in a malaria-free area.
For enquiries e-mail email@example.com or phone us on the following numbers:
- Tel +27 (0) 44 877 1197
- Fax +27 (0) 44 877 0366