A temperate coastal climate with an annual rainfall of 1 200mm. The wettest months are May and October, and the driest are June and July.
Day visitors are welcome subject to the payment of a nominal daily conservation fee.
No firearms are allowed.
Visitors should remain in their vehicles and are serviced through their vehicle window.
- Office hours: 07:30 – 18:00
- Gate opening and closing times: 06:00 – 19:30
- Security service 19:00 – 07:00
- Visitors with reserved accommodation who arrive after 18:00 may collect their keys to their accommodation at the entrance gate.
- Check-in: 14:00
- Check-out: 10:00
Tips & Hints:
- Nearest garage or vehicle repairs at Witelsbos – 30km from Storms River Mouth Rest Camp (Tsitsikamma Section).
- Medical/hospital and pharmaceutical facilities at Kareedouw – 55km from Storms River Mouth Rest Camp (Tsitsikamma Section).
- As outdoor lighting in camps is limited, a torch/headlamp is required when walking outside at night.
- Post Office and police services at Storms River village – 13km from Storms River Mouth Rest Camp (Tsitsikamma Section) (a post box is available at the rest camp).
- This is a multi-dimensional marine/forest national park. Remember to bring the following: bathing suit, hat, binoculars, sun block, walking shoes, bird and mammal reference books, snorkelling equipment.
- Vehicle fuel is available in all parks (or is available on the park periphery) - South African legislation stipulates that fuel stations will accept legitimate petrol/fuel/garage/credit/debit cards or cash as a form of payment for any fuel purchase.
- Scuba divers must present valid certificate and supply own equipment. SCUBA refill facilities are available at Storms River Rest Camp (Tsitsikamma Section).
- The swimming pool at Storms River Mouth Rest Camp (Tsitsikamma Section) is reserved for resident guests only.
- Roller blades and skateboards are prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed in a national park.
- No bait, shells, driftwood or any other organism, living or dead, may be removed from the Garden Route National Park.
For enquiries e-mail email@example.com or phone us on the following numbers:
- Tel +27 (0) 42 281 1607
- Fax +27 (0) 42 281 1843
View and download maps.