- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Nature's Valley Rest Camp
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
A temperate coastal climate with an annual rainfall of 1 200mm. The wettest months are May and October, and the driest are June and July.
Day visitors are welcome subject to the payment of a nominal daily conservation fee.
No firearms are allowed.
Visitors should remain in their vehicles and are serviced through their vehicle window.
- Office Hours: 07:30 – 18:00
- Gate opening and closing times: 06:00 – 19:30
- Security service 19:00 – 07:00
- Visitors with reserved accommodation who arrive after 18:00 may collect their keys to their accommodation at the entrance gate.
- Check-in - 12:00
- Check-out - 9:00
Tips & Hints:
- Nearest garage or vehicle repairs at Witelsbos – 30km from Storms River Mouth Rest Camp (Tsitsikamma Section).
- Vehicle fuel is available in all parks (or is available on the park periphery) - South African legislation stipulates that fuel stations will accept legitimate petrol/fuel/garage/credit/debit cards or cash as a form of payment for any fuel purchase.
- As outdoor lighting in camps is limited, a torch/headlamp is required when walking outside at night.
- Medical/hospital and pharmaceutical facilities at Kareedouw – 55km from Storms River Mouth Rest Camp (Tsitsikamma Section).
- Post Office and police services at Storms River village – 13km from Storms River Mouth Rest Camp in the Tsitsikamma Section (a post box is available at the rest camp).
- This is a multi-dimensional marine/forest national park. Remember to bring the following: bathing suit, hat, binoculars, sun block, walking shoes, bird and mammal reference books, snorkelling equipment.
- Scuba divers must present valid certificate and supply own equipment. SCUBA refill facilities are available at Storms River rest camp.
- The swimming pool at Storms River Mouth Rest Camp (Tsitsikamma Section) is reserved for resident guests only.
- Roller blades and skateboards are prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed in a national park.
- No bait, shells, driftwood or any other organism, living or dead, may be removed from the Garden Route National Park.
- Powerboats are not permitted on the river at Nature’s Valley.
For enquiries e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on the following numbers:
- Tel +27 (0) 44 531 6700
- Fax +27 (0) 44 531 6881