- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Knysna Lakes Section
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
How to get there
Directions to the Knysna indigenous forest complex:
Includes the Diepwalle Forest area, camping decks, Tea Garden and Forest Legends Museum.
- Follow the N2 for 6km east of Knysna.
- Take the Uniondale (R339) turn-off to the left and drive another 16km to Diepwalle.
- The R339 is a provincial gravel road to Diepwalle.
Directions to the Treetop Chalet:
- The Treetop Chalet is about 15 - 17km past Knysna, towards Plettenberg Bay.
- There is a small sign on the N2 which directs you to the Garden of Eden on the right, where you can check-in to the Treetop Chalet.
Directions to the Garden of Eden:
- The Garden of Eden is about 15 - 17km past Knysna, towards Plettenberg Bay.
- There is a small sign on the N2 which directs you to the Garden of Eden on the right.
Directions to Kranshoek view point:
- From Knysna, take the N2 East for 20km to Harkerville.
- Turn right (south) onto a gravel road for 1.5km.
- At the T-junction keep left and drive about 500m. Turn right, through the Harkerville State Forest to the site about 5km further on.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?