- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Bontebok National Park
Activities & Facilities
- Game viewing from own vehicle.
- Three nature-hiking trails, starting and ending in the rest camp area for overnighters and old pump house for day visitors.
- Bathing in the Breede River – in the Rest Camp Area and at Die Stroom.
- Angling in the Breede River - anglers must be in possession of a valid angling permit, available for purchase at Park Reception.
- Canoeing/Kayaking in the Breede River, with own equipment.
- Biking opportunities available, regular and mountain biking, to increase with Park’s project.
A community levy of 1% will be added to the cost of all accommodation and activity reservations arriving on or after the 1st of June 2012.
- Picnic and braai/barbecue sites with ablution facilities are available for day and overnight visitors.
- A shop at the park entrance supplies basic commodities like beer, snacks and soft drinks and curios can be purchased. Fresh produce and other groceries are available in Swellendam.
- No ATM facility available in the park. An ATM is available in Swellendam (5km from the park).
- The nearest fuel supply is in the town of Swellendam.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
Did You Know?
- The Hessekwa traded with the first Dutch settlers who landed in Cape Town in 1652