- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Bontebok National Park
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
The Cape Floral Kingdom, recognized as one of the most biologically diverse areas on earth, is exemplified here.
There is something in bloom year round with the peak flower season in the spring. The vegetation is fynbos and characterized by four major plant types: restioids, ericoids, proteoids, and geophytes. Coastal Renosterveld is a part of this vegetation biome and is found in limited areas. It usually grows in highly fertile soils.
This high fertility has meant that most of the area has been converted to agriculture, with other Renosterveld types also heavily ploughed or used as augmented pasture. It is a vegetation type in need of conservation.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
Did You Know?
- The park has a spectacular view of the Langeberg mountains