- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Bontebok National Park
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Birding in Bontebok National Park
The park is noteworthy as an excellent place to see Denham’s (Stanley’s) Bustard.
Other large and visible species include Blue Crane, Spur-wing Goose, Secretarybird and SouthernBlack Korhaan. Malachite and Southern (Lesser) Double Collared Sunbird should be seen at the reception building, while the campsite attracts a number of species. Prominent amongst these are Fiscal Flycatcher, Klaas’s Cuckoo (summer), AcaciaPied Barbet and Red-faced Mousebird. Pearl-breasted Swallow are regularly seen. Swee Waxbill frequents the dense riverine bush adjacent the Bree River, while Water Thick-knee are regular along the river’s
(For more birding information and park bird checklist, go to Information for Birders)
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
Did You Know?
- The Hessekwa traded with the first Dutch settlers who landed in Cape Town in 1652