- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Augrabies Falls National Park
Would you like to continue?
How to get there
Augrabies Falls is located in a remote area of the expansive Northern Cape Province.
Despite this many tourists are welcomed at the park every year due to its central location along the N14 highway which connects the north-eastern provinces with the west coast region. The park is also a favoured stop-over for travelers coming to or from the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park.
The closest national airport is located in Upington, 120km from Augrabies Falls NP. There are daily links between Upington, Cape Town and Johannesburg. Several hire care agencies are located at the airport and the city centre. There is a private landing strip only a few kilometers from the park: please contact Augrabies Falls if you require more information.
From Cape Town take the N7 north to Springbok. When you arrive in Springbok turn onto the N14 to Kakamas and Upington. About 10km before Kakamas turn left into the R359, the park will be signposted. From this point onwards you will reach the park after driving another 39km. The entrance to the park will be signposted.
From Johannesburg take the N14 through the North-West Province to Kuruman and then onwards to Upington. From Upington keep on the N14 towards Kakamas and once you reach the centre of town the park will be signposted. Keep on the N14 when passing through Kakamas and after 10km turn right on the R359. From this point onwards you will reach the park after driving another 39km. The entrance to the park will be signposted.
07:00 – 18:30
**Please note that although the gate is manned 24 hours a day, you need to make prior arrangements with the park if you plan to arrive after 18.30 or wish to leave before 07:00.**
|Entrance Gate||S 28° 37' 02"||E 20° 20' 57"|
|Reception||S 28° 29' 31"||E 19° 57' 11"|
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
Did You Know?
- that Augrabies Falls was proclaimed to primarily protect the geological interest of the waterfall. Another objective was to keep its surroundings in a pristine state, to preserve a section of Orange River Broken Veld and its associated flora and fauna, to provide opportunities for environmental education, and to present an area for research
18°C / 35°C