- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Augrabies Falls National Park
People with disabilities
The park’s rest camp has two accessible bungalows, equipped with ramp entrance and appropriate ablution facilities (sit-down shower).
The reception complex shop, cafeteria, tea area and information displays are all accessible, but the restaurant is upstairs. There is an accessible toilet at the public toilet block. There is also a swimming pool in the camp, but no assisting rails to get in and out are present.
The park’s highlight, the falls, can be viewed from one wheelchair accessible walkway and platform, but due to the rough terrian along the trail to the walkway, most wheelchair users will require assistance. The presence of sand flies (muggies) can be a nuisance.
Elsewhere in the park, the viewpoints ar not particularly accessible for a person in a wheelchair.
(Please see additional information on Wheelchair Accessibility)
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
Did You Know?
- that the Arid Region contain of 5 parks including 2 transfrontier parks: the Kgalagadi TP, Augrabies Falls NP, Namaqua NP, Mokala NP and the Ai/Ais Richtersveld TP?
14°C / 30°C