- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Augrabies Falls National Park
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
A butterfly is an insect of the order Lepidoptera.
Like all Lepidoptera, butterflies are notable for their unusual life cycle with a larval caterpillar stage, an inactive pupal stage, and a spectacular metamorphosis into a familiar and colourful winged adult form.
Most species are day-flying so they regularly attract attention. The diverse patterns formed by their brightly coloured wings and their erratic yet graceful flight have made butterfly watching a fairly popular hobby. (Source: Wikipedia)
- A survey was conducted by the Lepidopterists' Society of Africa at the Augrabies National Park during September 2008. A short report was released.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
Did You Know?
- that the Arid Region contain of 5 parks including 2 transfrontier parks: the Kgalagadi TP, Augrabies Falls NP, Namaqua NP, Mokala NP and the Ai/Ais Richtersveld TP?
15°C / 32°C
Sunny and hot