- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Addo Elephant National Park
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Media Release: Holiday fun for kids at Addo
The Park is offering a holiday programme for children on day visits and overnight stays during the December holidays. Young-at-heart adults are also welcome to join in any of the activities.
The programme, which runs from 12 to 23 December, features:
- guided game drives,
- guided walks,
- DVD screenings.
- The holiday programme activities are available free of charge to children once the entrance fee has been paid. Game drives (for children aged 6 to 12 years only) carry a cost of R50, which is a great discount on standard prices.
- Interactive talks on relevant environmental topics also form part of the programme. Children can learn about current issues such as climate change and COP17 as well as the unique features of the Park like the Big Seven.
Apart from the holiday programmes, children can find lots to do at the Park. The Interpretive Centre provides a one-stop destination for those wanting to understand more about the Park’s animals, plants, history and cultural heritage. Interactive displays are sure to engage both young and older visitors. There’s also a bird hide, underground viewing hide and short walking trail within the Park’s main camp. Overnight visitors can also take advantage of the swimming pool and the floodlit waterhole lookout point at night. Of course, there are also elephants, lions, buffalo and many other animals to spot on 120km worth of tourist roads.
An additional programme aimed at adult visitors and comprising talks by local experts and evening DVD screenings will be announced soon.
South African National Parks
Megan Taplin, Regional Marketing & Communications Manager, Addo Elephant * Camdeboo * Karoo* Mountain Zebra National Parks, Tel: (042) 233 8609 or 083 650 8649