- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Addo Elephant National Park
4x4 course to aid rhino conservation
This course is aimed at all 4x4 drivers and will take place on 5 March 2011.
Over 300 rhinos were killed for their horns across South Africa in 2010, with no less than nine rhinos killed in the Eastern Cape thus far. As the rhino killings in the Eastern Cape have escalated over the past 6 months, it seems that rhino syndicates are targeting the Eastern Cape and authorities fear that there will be an further onslaught on the rhino population in 2011. To combat the senseless killing of one of Africa’s Big Five, financial recourses are needed as the money raised from the 4x4 course will be used to purchase much needed equipment in order to save the rhino from extinction.
The course covers technical aspects of four-wheel driving as well as driving techniques on various surfaces in a theory session. Afterwards all drivers will depart for the Zookamma training track, where some 4 hours will be spent putting theory into practise. This course is especially beneficial for all those who do not have previous 4x4 experience, novice 4x4 drivers, or those who want to test the capabilities of their vehicle. A prize giving ceremony and braai will be held after the course. After the successful completion of the course, each driver will receive a certificate.
- The cost of the course is R750 per driver which includes the 4x4 training course and braai after the event.
- A maximum of two additional passengers will be allowed in the vehicle during the practical session and a trail fee of R80 will be charged.
- A second driver or navigator in the same vehicle only pays a course fee of R600.
As only 20 drivers and navigators can be accommodated on the day, space is limited.
To obtain an application form, please contact Nicky Bosman at (041) 504-4235 (o/h) or 082 336 4471 before 15 February 2011.