- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Matyholweni Rest Camp
Please note that you are about to leave the SANParks website (www.sanparks.org) and will be directed to a partner website.
Would you like to continue?
How to get there
Directions from Port Elizabeth (PE)
Take the N2 towards Grahamstown. Just before the town of Colchester and after crossing the bridge over Sundays River, take the sign posted road Left to Camp Matyholweni.
Follow the signs for about 3km to enter Matyholweni Gate and Camp Matyholweni.
Office and Gate hours
- Main Camp Reception is open from 07:00 to 16:00 daily.
- Matyholweni gate is open from 07:00 to 16:00. A security guard is stationed at the gate to allow access to visitors with proof of accommodation bookings after 16:00.
- Check in time for accommodation is from 13:00 onwards. Check-out time is 10:00 on the day of departure.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
Did You Know?
- The park boasts the Big Seven: (elephant, rhino, lion, buffalo, leopard, southern right whale and great white shark)