- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Addo Rest Camp
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
How to get there
These directions are for Addo Main Camp:
- The nearest domestic airport is in Port Elizabeth, 75km from the park. A number of hire car agencies have depots at the airport.
- International airports are situated at Johannesburg and Cape Town, with connecting flights to Port Elizabeth available.
Cars can be hired from various agencies at the airport in Port Elizabeth. Please see contact details on the Nelson Mandela Bay Tourism website: www.nmbt.co.za
A number of coach operators have organised tours to the park. Please see contact details on the Nelson Mandela Bay Tourism website: www.nmbt.co.za
Directions from Port Elizabeth (PE)
Take the N2 highway towards Grahamstown. Take the turnoff to the left signposted “Motherwell” and “Addo Elephant National Park”. Turn left at the top of the off-ramp and proceed through Motherwell. Follow this road until you see the entrance to the park on the right. Distance PE to park - about 72km.
Alternative route from PE
Take the N2 highway towards Grahamstown and carry straight on until the N2 splits off to the left from the N10. Carry straight on, following the N10 towards Cradock/Cookhouse. Take the R342 to the left when you get to the intersection with Paterson on your right. This will be sign posted “Addo Elephant National Park”. Follow this road, looking out for the entrance to the park on your left.
Directions from Grahamstown
Take the N2 towards Port Elizabeth. Follow this road until you see the turnoff to the N10 towards Cradock/Cookhouse. Take this turnoff and Carry straight on, following the N10 towards Cradock/Cookhouse. Take the R342 to the left when you get to the intersection with Paterson on your right. This will be sign posted “Addo Elephant National Park”. Follow this road, looking out for the entrance to the park on your left.
Office and Gate hours
Main Camp Reception is open from 07:00 to 19:00 daily
Main gate: Open 07:00 Close: 19:00
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
Did You Know?
- The park conserves no less than five of South Africa's seven biomes