- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Would you like to continue?
PPP Opportunity: Request for Expression of Interest for Managing GRNP's Natures Valley Rest Camp
PPP Investment Opportunity
South African National Parks (SANParks) is considering the feasibility of a Public Private Partnership (PPP) in terms of which a selected private party will be given the rights to manage the Natures Valley Rest Camp in the Tsitsikamma Section of the Garden Route National Park. The private party will be given permission to manage existing activities as well as design, erect and/ or operate additional activities subject to the approval of SANParks.
As part of determining the feasibility of the project, particularly the scale and type of market interest in this opportunity, SANParks invites prospective investors and operators to submit Expressions of Interest (EOI) in the prescribed format.
If the project is deemed to be feasible then a competitive bid will follow.
In a typical PPP agreement in this sector, the private party is granted the rights to manage the camp for commercial purposes. This will take place on state conservation land for a period likely to provide for a fair return on investment. In return the private party will meet agreed environmental, development, operating and BEE obligations, and pay a PPP fee to SANParks.
The EOI document setting out the prescribed process and format for responses can be obtained by contacting:
- Mr. Andile Namntu, Manager: Business Development at the Garden Route National Park
- tel: 044-3025629
- Fax: 044-3025627
- e-mail: email@example.com
A briefing session and site visit will be held:
- Date: Friday, 25 November 2011
- Time: 10:00
- Venue: Natures Valley Rest Camp, off the N2 between Plettenberg Bay and the Stormsriver Village.
Interested parties are required to submit EOI, in the format given in the EOI document, to SANParks no later than Thursday, the 15th December 2011 at 11:00.
The regulatory provisions for tourism PPPs can be found on www.ppp.gov.za.
In keeping with SANParks’ objectives, attention will be paid to Broad-based –Black Economic Empowerment.