- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Notice of Tender: Management of the Restaurant and Retail Facilities at the Mapungubwe National Park
All interested bidders are hereby informed that the opening of the Interpretive Centre at Mapungubwe World Heritage Site and National Park has been delayed by at least two months. The submission date for bids remains the same. As there was concern from several interested parties about the short time period between the announcement of the successful bidder and the opening launch, we hope this latest development is viewed as an opportunity to ensure greater operational effectiveness.
Visitors to the park will still be able to visit the facility prior to the official launch and the transfer of some of the original artifacts that were uncovered in the park, as the centre will be populated with various other displays of historic and ecological interest about the park.
If an operator is successfully appointed after the submissions are received on August 23rd, this operator will be entitled to take occupation of the premises in September and SANParks will use the opportunity to allow the operator to advise SANParks on their required equipment cutlery, crockery etc within the available budget. The commencement date of the agreement will thus be delayed until December in time for the summer holidays and the time in the interim will be at the advantage of the operator.
Management and operation of the restaurant facility at the Interpretive Centre Building in Mapungubwe National Park, as well as the curio/tuck shop retail function of the park at the Interpretive Centre, and at other nodes in the park, such as the Confluence Centre and Leokwe Rest Camp.
Below please find documents that outline details on the opportunity:
Certain documentation available between July 23rd and 26th was incorrect. If downloaded during that period, please check you have the current versions. We apologise for this inconvenience.
- Notice of Tender
- Information Memorandum
- Invitation to Bid
- Declaration of Bidder
- General Conditions of Contract
- Declaration of Interests
- Interpretative Centre Kitchen Layout
- Interpretative Centre Restaurant Lower Level Layout
- Interpretative Centre Restaurant Upper Deck Layout
- Confluence Centre Plan
- Leokwe Catering Facilities
- Mapungubwe Map
- Preference Points Claim Form
- Pricing Schedule - Firm Prices
- Q&A from site meeting
An optional but recommended site visit will take place on 2nd August at 11:00 at the Interpretive Centre, Mapungubwe National Park. Interested parties should confirm their interest and attendance at the site visit with the Project Manager.
Respondents must submit a proposal (in line with the Information Pack made available) that includes a monthly rental income offering to SANParks and full credentials to the postal address or email or fax number provided below.
Enquiries can be sent to the Project Manager, Chris Patton:
- Postal address: Business Development Unit, PO Box 787, Pretoria, 0001
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone number: (012) 426 5036
- Fax number: (012) 343 3849