- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
PPP Investment Opportunity: Lister's Place Tea Room in the Tokai Section of TMNP
In line with SANParks’ Strategic Plan for Commercialisation, SANParks intends to form a public private partnership (PPP) in which it gives a selected private party the rights to the commercial use of the Lister’s place Tea Room which is situated in the Tokai Arboretum.
SANParks invites prospective investors and operators to submit bids in line with SANParks’ mandate and aims and responsive to the SANParks specifications and objectives for this SMME tourism PPP opportunity.
SANParks will enter into a PPP agreement with the winning bidder for a period likely to provide a fair return on investment for the private party. In return, the private party will meet agreed environmental, development, operating and broad-based black economic empowerment obligations, and pay a PPP fee to SANParks. The request for proposals (RFP) document, containing all bid specifications and the draft PPP agreement, is available from the Tokai office at the end of Tokai road.
Below please find documents that outline details on the opportunity:
- Request for Proposals
- Invitation to Bid
- PPP Agreement in respect of the Lister’s Tea Room Project in the Tokai Precinct of Table Mountain National Park
- Contract Form - Rendering of Services
- Declaration of Interests
- Preference Points Claim Form in terms of the Preferential Procurement Regulations 2001- Purchases
- Preference Points Claim Form in terms of the Preferential Procurement Regulations 2001 - Promotion of Small Businesses
- Tax Clearance Requirements
- Operational Environmental Management Plan (OEMP)
- Action Plan for the Elimination of Potential Baboon / Human Conflict at the Tea Garden in the Tokai Arboretum
Enquiries can be sent to Chris Botes:
- e-mail address: email@example.com or
- telephone number: (021) 712 7471
A site visit for prospective bidders will be held at Lister’s Place tea room (in the Tokai Arboretum) on 11 September 2009 at 11:00.
The Lister’s Place tea room can be reached as follows:
- From Cape Town take the M3 towards Muizenberg, get of at the Tokai road off ramp and continue for 500 meter to a set of robots. At the robot turn right into Tokai road.
- Continue for 1.5 kilometers in a westerly direction towards Constantiaberg until you get to a small traffic circle.
- Go through the traffic circle straight on for another 1.5 kilometer until you get to the t-junction in front of the Tokai Manor House.
- Turn left and follow the indications towards the Arboretum parking area another 300 meters onwards.
Bidders are required to submit proposals, only in the format given in the RFP document, to the Tokai office at the end of Tokai road or it can be mailed to P.O. Box 30088, Tokai. 7966 no later than 16 October 2009 at 12:00.
The regulatory provisions for tourism PPPs can be found on www.ppp.gov.za