- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Table Mountain Region
|Regional Meetings: Every third Monday of the the month, 19:00, Kloofnek|
Table Mountain National Park – a park for all, forever
TMNP is unique in being a world heritage site; part of the Cape Floral Kingdom (with over 8000 species, 70% of which are endemic); a national and international tourist destination (over 4 million visitors a year); and an open access park in Cape Town (a city of 5 million people).
- Cape Clawless Otter Research
- African Penguin Nest Project
- Cape Point Lighthouse Painting
- Path Maintenance
- Invasive Alien Species Clearing
Tokai Park has recently been added to Table Mountain National Park. Parts are currently under commercial pine plantations, but as the pines are removed fynbos rehabilitation is actively promoted with plans to re-introduce Grysbok; extensive work has also been done on the riverine ecosystems to encourage the return of the Cape Clawless Otter. To date 21 Red Data List plant species have either germinated from the seed banks or reintroduced with the assistance of the Kirstenbosch Threatened Species Programme and the Millienium Seed Bank. These include the "Extinct in the wild" Erica verticillata and E. turgida.
Over and above offering a variety of official HR training courses, iKapa has a successful initiative training front line staff of some of Cape Town’s top hotels, beginning with the five star Cape Grace Hotel.
- Soon-to-be launched together with TMNP: Junior Rangers: This will bring together youngsters from schools on the Cape Flats to learn about TMNP and get hands-on experience of this magnificent park.
- Annual Table Top weekend: iKapa Honorary Rangers overnight at the People’s Trail hut on Table Mountain and visit historic sites on the back section of Table Mountain.
Fundraising and Public Relations
IKapa HRs put together conservation partnerships with local businesses, organisations, and individuals in support of TMNP.
- Chairperson: John Elford (Yvonne)
cell: 083 253 9213
- Secretary: Dagmar G-Forcioli (Michael)
cell: 083 661 8511
P O Box 13